Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sidney "Scoot"

Okay, this is one of my favorite tricks that any of my dogs do currently.  And frankly, it was the easiest because it was a captured behavior, which is probably why Sidney to this day, after learning it over 5 years ago, still offers it up when she gets excited! 

How?  We were sitting in a lesson at a Clicker Expo.  I don't remember what it was about, it wasn't moving as fast as I would have liked I know that, and Sidney was waiting patiently staring at me intently.  All of a sudden she got frustrated I think from not doing anything and she gave a little scoot back,  I think she wanted to get up but did not.  After 1 or 2 of those and my laughing, not even clicking, she started to offer it up like crazy and was scooting to the middle of the room, much to everyone elses dismay.  By that night, after a little wine, we had it on que.

 Good Girl Sidney for showing the power of capturing.  And still does it with joy at the age of 11 1/2!

No comments: