Friday, September 17, 2010

in the beginning

as an instructor at Tails U Win in Manchester, CT I love talking about and showing folks some of the fun things that my dogs and I learn together.  I sometimes send out videos to them but have recently decided it would be much easier if I just started a blog to share with my classes. 

much of what we learn together, my dogs and I that is, is done with a variety of teaching methods and I think that its awesome to show that there isn't only one way of doing things nor is there only one way of teaching it.  many times I teach the same trick to 2 dogs but it must be approached very differently depending upon the dog I am working with.  when I say tricks I really mean anything, basic obedeince skills which will take me into the obedience ring, "true" tricks, like roll over, go to sleep, etc.  its a fantastic learning experience but I won't lie, its sometimes very frustrating also! 

so, this is the beginning of what will I hope continue to motivate me to train, teach, video and make movies! 

No comments: